Now is the time to get digital! You can download up to 5 books at a time from the library collection.
Did you know your local library has thousands of ebooks and audiobooks? You can borrow them, instantly, for free, using just the device in your hand. It takes just a few taps to find and borrow a title. Libby has a ground-breaking ebook reader, and a beautiful audiobook player. Visit https://meet.libbyapp.com/ for more info!
Follow the instructions below to download the app and start reading and listening!
The free Libby app is the easiest way to get started with digital books, audiobooks, and magazines from your public library. Libby is available for Android, iOS, Windows 10, some Chromebooks, and in your browser at libbyapp.com.
- If you have a device that’s not compatible with Libby, you can use the OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy digital titles instead.
- If you belong to a school, you may be able to use our new Sora app to borrow ebooks and audiobooks instead.
See Libby in action
Get started with Libby
Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge browser.
In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a valid library card. Remember to include the D prefix. If you do not remember your password, try the last four digits of your phone number.
Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title.
Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
From your Loans, you can:
- Tap Read With… to choose where you’d like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open Audiobook or Open Magazine to start reading or listening to that title.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
If you need more help with Libby, please visit Libby Help. Happy reading!
ns, you can:
- Tap Read With…to choose where you’d like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open Audiobookto start listening to that title.
- Tap Manage Loanto see options like Renew and Return.
- If you need more help with Libby, please visit https://help.libbyapp.com/.
Do you have a device that doesn’t support apps? Download Overdrive for the same great collection.
Need more help?
Visit your local library: