Job Opening – Library Aide Southworth Library Association – Dryden
The library aide will perform various duties as related to circulation and materials management. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive components, social media posting and be able to assist library patrons in basic computer use. Must be able to quickly learn the automated library system software. Hours will include some Saturdays and evenings during the week (10 – 20) hours a week) as well as some substitute hours for other staff members as needed. Some virtual work may be necessary.
In addition to understanding the duties of all of the library staff, the Library Aide will have distinct responsibilities as listed below.
- Be knowledgeable of all aspects of the automated library system and be able to operate the circulation desk, assist with collection development and cataloging.
- Ability to assist with library programs as directed
- Preparation and cleanup as needed
- Help create promotional materials as needed
- Some virtual assistance for meetings and programs
- General operations for materials use and computer operations for library catalog and public computers.
- General housekeeping tasks
- Maintain confidentiality in dealing with patron records.
- Support, promote and implement library policies and procedures.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public and other staff in a friendly manner.
- Assist with management of library materials including shelving and retrieving materials
The Library Aide should have some knowledge of libraries, adequate oral and written communication skills, and the physical strength as required by the job. This person must be able to perform assigned duties accurately and in a timely fashion, accept direction, work independently, and maintain a professional and service-oriented attitude. A high school diploma is required. Familiarity with the library system is a plus.
Pay rate: New York State Minimum wage
No benefits available. Immediate availability is needed.