Part-time Library Aide position available to start in June 2023
Job Opening – Library Aide Southworth Library Association – Dryden
Looking for a part time job with a dynamic community organization?
Southworth Library in Dryden is hiring!
We are looking for a permanent part time Library Aide for Children and teen programs, technology assistance and general library work. The position starts June 2023 at $15/hr. Weekend hours included. Application forms are available at our website or at the library.
Looking for a dynamic, energetic person to assist with library programs and operations. Experience with children and teens is preferred. The library aide will perform various duties as related to circulation and materials management. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive components, basic technology for virtual and hybrid meetings, social media posting and be able to assist library patrons in basic computer use.
Hours will include some Saturdays and early evenings during the week (15 – 20 hours a week) as well as some substitute hours for other staff members as needed.
In addition to understanding the duties of all of the library staff, the Library Aide will have distinct responsibilities as listed below.
- Be knowledgeable of all aspects of the automated library system and be able to operate the circulation desk.
- Able to plan and execute programs for preschool storytime
- Participate in and/or run programs for teens and children
- Preparation and cleanup as needed
- Help create promotional materials as needed
- General operations for materials use and computer operations for library catalog and public computers
- Assist patrons with computer and technology needs
- Assist patrons with material request and inquiry
- Maintain confidentiality in dealing with patron records
- Support, promote and implement library policies and procedures
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public and other staff in a friendly manner
- Assist with management of library materials including shelving and retrieving materials
The Library Aide should have some knowledge of libraries, adequate oral and written communication skills, and the physical strength as required by the job. This person must be able to perform assigned duties accurately and in a timely fashion, accept direction, work independently, and maintain a professional and service-oriented attitude. A high school diploma is required. Familiarity with the library system is a plus.
Pay rate: $15/hour
Position to start by late June 2023.
Please submit the application at the library or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 12, 2023