This summer, bring the whole family to our Saturday Family Programs. Registration is required for these programs; Follow this link to register. All programs will start at 11am (except for July 24th – see below).
- July 10 at the library– Puppet Hitztory! with Scott Hitz, internationally acclaimed puppeteer and performer. This program is made possible with funds from the Decentralization Program, a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature and administered by the Community Arts Partnership of Tompkins County.
- July 17 at the Library – Stuffed Animal Sleepover! Bring a stuffie for stories and activities at 11am and then pick them up on Monday (July 19) for the story of their adventures at the library.
- July 24 at Montgomery Park – Dan the Snakeman will be with us all day. Meet his amazing menagerie and learn about them in this exciting hands-on presentation. Sign up for a time slot from 11-12, 1-2, 3-4 or 5 -6. Each registered family gets a free copy of his exciting interactive book! A DYOF sponsored event.
- July 31 at Montgomery Park– Yoga with Miss Kristina of Open Heart Yoga studio. Bring your yoga mat or a blanket and stretch like an animal! Two sessions are available- sign up for 11 or 11:30. There will be activities and games and crafts from 10 – 12 with a special story read aloud with Mr. B at 10!
- August 7 at the Library – It’s Forky Craft Day! Get creative at the library with art activities for all ages plus a special art show from all of our library programs this summer. Free hardcover copy of the book for each participant provided through a generous grant from the Rosen Library Fund.
- August 14 at the Library – Stories with David Kirk, author of the Miss Spider series with a free copy of his latest charming picture book, My Hugging Rules, for all families! A Rosen Library Grant Program!
Special thanks to the Dryden Youth Opportunity Fund, The Bernard Carl and Shirley Rosen Library Fund of the Community Foundation of Tompkins County and the Community Arts Partnership of Tompkins County for helping make these programs possible!