Kids’ Club for school aged kids July 6 – August 15 – sign up for one or all!
and don’t forget to sign up for the summer reading program too!
From fairytales to outdoor adventures, join the kids’ club for weekly themes! Register for one week or all six. Each week, kids can pick up a new take home kit with all the supplies needed for a new free book, a science moment, an art project, a journal response, some cool activities and a weekly contest. The program can be done at home, with some awesome weekly virtual programs on instagram, facebook and Zoom with story/LEGO challenges, science and art demos, journal prompts, weekly contests and ways to post your own pictures and stories. A sneak preview of some of the activities and adventures are listed below:
- July 6 – Folktales – mystery seeds, paper towers, 3 little pigs engineering challenge and more
- July 13- Fairytales – bookmark craft, fractured fairytales, fairy dough and The Wishing Spell, Book 1 in the Land of Stories
- July 20 – Outdoor adventures – solar paper and bugs, screen free activities, scavenger hunts
- July 27 – Stories in the Sky – constellation stories from the first people, dice games, space stories
- August 3 – Magical Creatures – unicorns, dragons, slime!
- August 10 – Wizarding World – wand making, lava lamps and other magic!
This free program is made possible through generous grant funds from the Bernard Carl and Shirley Rosen Library Fund of the Community Foundation of Tompkins County.
Space is limited by materials restrictions. Contact the library for more information