Summer Reading Challenge: June 14-August 19
Every time you check out a book this summer, get a scratch off bookmark and see what you can win! There will be books, candy, and other prizes!
Try something new this summer! Workshops will meet Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons from 3-5pm. These free workshops are open to teens ages 11-18. You can sign up for one workshop, or more. There will only be 10 spaces available per workshop and registration is required.
- July 11-15: Puppet Play – Make an original puppet character and then feature your puppet in a video!
- July 18-22: 3D Printing Power – Have you always wanted to learn more about how the 3D printer at the library works? Here is your chance! You will learn how to design and print a creation to take home.
- July 25-29: Cooking Ninjas – Learn how to use countertop appliances, such as an InstantPot, airfryer, panini press and pasta maker, and bring home dinner for your family. Some of these appliances will be able to be loaned out as well!
- August 1-5: 3D Printing Power – If you missed the first workshop, here is another opportunity to work with the 3D printer.
- August 8-13: Cricut Creations – Learn how to create usable and wearable designs with the Cricut.
- August 15-20: Cooking Ninjas – If you missed the first workshop, here is another opportunity to cook at the library!
This book club is geared towards teens ages 11-18 and will meet on Tuesdays from 3-5pm. You’ll get a free book each week! Register for one week or more!
- July 12 – Smile by Raina Telgemeier
- July 19 – Sea Sirens by Amy Chu
- July 26 – When Stars are Scattered by Victoria Jamieson and Omar Mohamed
- August 2 – TBD
- August 9 -TBD
These programs are made possible through generous support from the Park Foundation, United Way of Tompkins County and the American Rescue Plan Humanities Grants for Libraries. Thank you!