Preschool Storytime happens most Fridays at 10am. Join Ms. Diane for stories, crafts and activities at the library, just right for our youngest readers! Register each week to get a free book to take home thanks to the Rosen Library Fund of the Community Foundation of Tompkins County. Check our calendar for the latest information!
Monthly Pajama Storytimes and special Saturday programs are designed for parents and children to enjoy together.
Upcoming family events:
- Tuesday, January 25, 2022 – Pajama Storytime! with Dr. Ray Jayawardhana at 6pm
- Saturday, February 5, 2022 – Lunar New Year Celebration at 11am
- Saturday, February 19, 2022 – Spanish-English Bilingual Storytime at 11am
- Saturday, March 19, 2022 – Holi Celebration at 11am
The Southworth Library offers a variety of book clubs for independent readers, including American Girl, Magic Treehouse, graphic novels, and other themes.
Current Book Clubs:
- Graphic Novel Book Club – Each month, we will look at a new book and a different style of graphic novel. We will play some games, talk about the book, of course, and do a little bit of drawing as well! Contact the library to register and get your book and packet! The meetings will be at the library, generally on the third Wednesday of the month. Transportation is available from Dryden Elementary School. Upcoming meetings:
- January 19, 2022 – Phoebe and Her Unicorn by Dana Simpson
- February 16, 2022 – InvestiGATORS by John Patrick Green
- March 16, 2022 – The Bad Guys by Aaron Blabey
- April 20, 2022 – Catstronauts: Mission Moon by Drew Brockington
- American Girl History Book Club featuring Melody Ellison – Nine-year old Melody is growing up in Detroit, Michigan, during a time of change of African Americans. Melody and her family join the civil rights movement, a campaign for African Americans to have equal rights as white Americans. Whether it’s speaking out for equal rights of singing, Melody uses her voice to make the world a better place for all. This club will be starting on Thursday, April 21 at 3:30pm. Details coming soon!
- I Survived Book Club – details to come.