Preschool Storytime happens most Fridays at 10am. Join Ms. Diane for stories, crafts and activities at the library, just right for our youngest readers! Register each week to get a free book to take home thanks to the Rosen Library Fund of the Community Foundation of Tompkins County.
Check our calendar for the latest information!
And make sure to pick up a copy of the Family Read Aloud – a new book each month complements of the Dryden Youth Opportunity Fund. Ask about this month’s selection at the library front desk!
The Southworth Library offers a variety of book clubs for independent readers, including American Girl, Magic Treehouse, graphic novels, and other themes.
Recent Book Clubs:
- Graphic Novel Book Club – Read, draw, and create with our hands-on graphic novel book club! This book club is also geared towards readers in grades 3-5, and will meet monthly on Tuesdays from 3:30-5pm.
- October 11 – Hilo: The Boy Who Crashed to Earth by Judd Winick
- November 8 – Doodleville by Chad Sell
- January 24 – Measuring Up by Lily Lamotte
- February 14 – Dragon Kingdom of Wrenly: Coldfire Curse by Jordan Quinn
- March 14 – Dragon Kingdom of Wrenly: Shadow Hills by Jordan Quinn
- April 25 – The Last Kids on Earth: Thrilling Tales from the Tree House by Max Brailler
- I Survived Book Club – This book club, geared towards readers in grades 3-5, will meet monthly starting September 21, from 3:30-5pm. Explore a new book each month from author Lauren Tarshis, with stories of disasters and calamities throughout history told from the perspective of a young person who was present.
- September 21 – I Survived The Shark Attacks of 1916
- October 19 – I Survived The Great Chicago Fire, 1871
- November 16 – I Survived The Sinking of the Titanic, 1912
- December 14 – Book Club Choice!