Preschool Storytime happens most Fridays at 10am. Join Ms. Diane for stories, crafts and activities at the library, just right for our youngest readers! Register each week to get a free book to take home thanks to the Rosen Library Fund of the Community Foundation of Tompkins County. Check our calendar for the latest information!
Monthly Pajama Storytimes and special Saturday programs are designed for parents and children to enjoy together.
Upcoming family events:
- Saturday, September 24 – World Culture Celebration from 11am to 1pm
And make sure to pick up a copy of the Family Read Aloud – a new book each month complements of the Dryden Youth Opportunity Fund. Ask about this month’s selection at the library front desk!
The Southworth Library offers a variety of book clubs for independent readers, including American Girl, Magic Treehouse, graphic novels, and other themes.
- I Survived Book Club – This book club, geared towards readers in grades 3-5, will meet monthly starting September 21, from 3:30-5pm. Explore a new book each month from author Lauren Tarshis, with stories of disasters and calamities throughout history told from the perspective of a young person who was present. Space will be limited; register early!
- September 21 – I Survived The Shark Attacks of 1916
- October 19 – I Survived The Great Chicago Fire, 1871
- November 16 – I Survived The Sinking of the Titanic, 1912